Why I Miss and Love You
Feine, don’t read this. Damnit.

Every once so often we get to meet those people who for some reason stand out against everyone else we’ve went out with.

You could spend a thousand nights of passion with anyone else, yet all of them would be washed away with one touch from the one you love. No matter how fleeting, no matter how light, that one moment would forever be marked on you.

Strange, that would be one word to describe it and by itself it is a gross understatement. For some reason, that I only wish I knew, it etches itself on every part of you that you could almost, just almost feel it happening all over again. It debilitates your way of thinking, leaves you staring blankly into space, almost, almost.



I am at the office as I write this, the said blank gaze plasters the walls around me, I should be working, yes I should, but this is something I need to get out as soon as possible lest the idea escape me yet again.

I remember how when we first met, I was late, you were panicking, it was your first time in the city and you didn’t know where to go, how you wrapped your arms around me the moment we met, how vulnerable you seemed. I remember how I just couldn’t let you go, how you commented on how my arm fit perfectly around your waist, how you snuggled up every time I hugged you, how you’d pull away just a bit only for me to pull you back again, and you would smile. Oh how you could smile, what I’d give to see it every day. I loved the shy way you did it, almost like it had to be coaxed out of you, yet you could give it so freely when you wanted to, how you would look away when I looked you in the eye almost blushing but not quite. How you’d keep bumping your head against mine, how you’d place your forehead on mine, how you’d offer me your cheek to kiss, while turning away when I tried for your lips, how you’d kiss me shortly, pause, break away and smile at me, how you would scrunch up your nose and rub it against mine, how you’d place your hand on my cheek and kept it there, how you’d lean against me like you needed nobody else, and I could feel that it was so. How you’d pinch my nose after every kiss, smiling all the while, how you couldn’t raise one of your eyebrows and pout your lips in frustration, and how you’d give me that teasing look when you saw me glancing your way, how you’d puff up your lips and tilt your head looking at me like you saw me for the first time, how your eyes would sparkle with excitement like a child’s, how you’d slap and reprimand me gently every time I swore, how you looked up to me as you asked me what to do, how you made me feel like I was the only person in the world and how you were the only girl I could see, how I couldn’t even bring myself t look at anything except you, it’s a wonder I got through that day without hitting a single person. I’ll always remember the way you kissed, the way you held me and the way you made me hold you.

I belong to you. Fully, and unlike anything I have ever been through, I’ve been with my fair share of women, and not one of them could compare to you.

Knowing you’re there, all the chaos in the world seems clear.

This is why I love you, one of the many reasons I do.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

pra po b kay fm feine toh?

Frau said...

Nope.

Apol said...

Yeah, you probably got it right there. Struck me too. No wonder you've felt that thing too. Remember the guy I was telling you before? Yeah, that's the one. If only I could turn back the moments and spend it every second with him, I'd do that. Too bad, he's gone now.

Unknown said...

gademit! naiyak ako dun ah! so heartfelt.. /sad

Post a Comment